Thursday, September 20, 2012

6mm French Line Infantry from the Seven Years War - Baccus Miniatures

For the first time I've tried my hand at some 6mm figures from Baccus Miniatures, French infantry from the Seven Years War. I was very impressed with the level of detail of these figures and, being one who likes to lavish all the attention I can bear on the things I paint, there was plenty here to keep me busy. The kit includes printed paper flags of various units, and I have modeled the Boulonnais Regiment here.

For such small sculpts, the bayonets are actually quite sturdy, and there seems little danger of them bending or breaking off unless they are really strongly abused. I've actually shaved them down a bit, as I felt they were at first too clunky and broad. Even so they remain strong.

The 24 figures of the unit sit on a 30mm X 60mm plywood base from Lithko, which I've just given a very basic terrain treatment, and I really like the effect  from a moderate distance. See the last photo for a size comparison.






2 comments:

  1. J- digging through the archives of your blog, and finding treasures like this! I've been having a mind to do 6mm 7YW as well. I see an arms race coming!
    Cheers, thanks for the continued inspiration
    Ths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Thomas, I'm glad you like them. My current project is 6mm American Revolution, using Adler miniatures, so I hope to get more photos in this scale posted soon.
      Regards,
      James

      Delete